What is Literacy Focus?
Literacy Focus is Manchester based, offering coaching and training for teaching Literacy and advice and support for strategic leadership of Literacy.
"As 'Literacy Focus' I bring years of experience as a teacher, a trainer/coach and a senior leader. In addition to Literacy consultancy I am a licensed trainer/consultant for 'Talk for Writing', a programme director for the 'Primary Writing Project', a commissioned KS1 Moderator for Manchester CC, and author of 'Planning to Teach Writing – A Practical Guide for Primary School Teachers'. I am also commissioned by Manchester Teaching School Alliance to facilitate their Literacy subject leaders' network meetings, and, for the past two years, have participated in the Manchester Reading Project with Dr Wayne Tennent. I can successfully work alongside headteachers, senior leaders, middle leaders, support staff, new and recently qualified teachers and experienced teachers.
I am offering you a professional development programme of courses for teachers and a consultancy service that understands the challenges of today's schools and is shaped to meet your needs."
- Emma Caulfield, Literacy Focus
What’s on offer?
- Advice, training & support in key areas that make a difference to children’s attainment
- Advice, training & support in key areas that make a difference to teacher confidence and quality of teaching
- Expertise that can be matched to your agenda – one size doesn’t fit all!
- Flexible, affordable consultancy packages
- Talk for Writing training and consultancy, licensed by Pie Corbett