"As ‘Literacy Focus’ I bring years of experience as a teacher, a trainer/coach and a senior leader. I can offer you a consultancy service that understands the challenges of today’s schools and is shaped to meet your needs. I can successfully work alongside headteachers, senior leaders, middle leaders, support staff, trainees, new and recently qualified teachers, and experienced teachers. My consultancy packages can be tailor-made; from strategic planning through to coaching teaching assistants to work effectively with small groups of children.
I am very excited to be able to offer you my expertise and knowledge in both Literacy and learning and teaching, and I look forward to hearing from you."
- Emma Caulfield, Literacy Focus Ltd.
What's on offer?
Due to the COVID19 pandemic Literacy Focus has gone on-line!
Since March 2020 I have adapted consultancy and training work so that it can be successful on-line. I use Zoom or Teams, depending on what suits you, and can do everything that I would normally do face-to-face except teach a class! All feedback about working on-line has been exceptionally positive, in fact some Heads have said that they find meetings smarter and more purposeful on-line than in person.
On-line I have trained all group sizes from 5 to 65, tailoring the training according to whether it is with participants socially distanced in one room, spread between rooms in a school, individuals at home or a mixture of all three. Schools have been really satisfied with this as an alternative to face-to-face training; some have even picked up some ideas for their own on-line practice.
The following are suggestions of aspects that you may require training, advice or support in implementing. All packages are bespoke.
- Planning to teach writing
- Writing curriculum planning - Is there progression across the school? Is it engaging? Does it reflect your community?
- Becoming a reading school
- Reading for Pleasure in the 21st Century
- Improving literacy outcomes by improving planning
- Improving literacy outcomes by improving writing across the curriculum
- Literacy across the curriculum
- Improving handwriting (EYFS-Year 6)
- Developing the higher achieving writers
- Assessment and moderation of writing
- Literacy curriculum provision – is it engaging? Is it getting the best out of the children?
- Quality grammar, punctuation and spelling teaching and learning
- Literacy health check
- Guided Reading
- Guided Writing
- Improving writing at KS1/KS2
- Improving literacy outcomes in Y2
- Improving literacy outcomes in Y6
- New Literacy Subject Leader induction/support
- Improving writing and engaging learners through Talk for Writing *
- Talk for Reading https://www.talk4writing.com/trainers/ *
Prices (1st September 2020) Literacy Focus Ltd only: 1 day = From £440 ½ day = From £300 1 hr INSET = From £230 + VAT
* Talk for Writing and Talk for Reading are licensed by Pie Corbett and are therefore priced differently to the Literacy Focus Ltd work listed above.